Labels

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Academic Deceit

Academic Deceit

A couple of weeks ago, I was on the way to the campus by bus. At one stop, a man got into the bus and soon after squeezed himself past me when he observed another familiar face on the bus.

During the noisy conversation that followed between the two acquaintances, I came to comprehend that their relationship was that of a student and a teacher. To my utter astonishment, when enquired about his academic qualifications the student asserted that he had recently completed his graduation in Fisheries from a college I know very well. At first, like me, that teacher was taken aback to learn the existence of the particular subject in this institution. But finally he seemed convinced by his student's unrelenting words. The subject that he mentioned is not taught in the college at all. As a student, I really felt ashamed at his deceitful reply towards his respectable teacher.

Ashim Kumar Paul
Govt Edward College
Pabna

Please click the given link to see its online edition: Academic Deceit